Becoming a Supporter of Cornwall Good Seafood Guide means that you can use the strength of our brand to help you highlight the recommended Cornish seafood that you sell, as well as promote the sustainability credentials of your business or organisation.
Cornwall Good Seafood Guide is now signposting the public to where they can buy or eat sustainable Cornish seafood, within the county and beyond. We feature local businesses such as hotels, pubs, restaurants and cafes; as well as fishermen, fishmongers and wholesale suppliers. In return for a small annual fee you can now become a Supporters of the Cornwall Good Seafood Guide.
On becoming a Supporter you will receive many fantastic benefits including:
• The knowledge that you are supporting a vitally important project to help sustainable local fisheries in Cornwall.
• The chance to enhance your environmental credentials and be associated with Cornwall Wildlife Trust.
• Use of the Cornwall Good Seafood Guide trademarked logos for your website, menus, packaging, labels etc.
• A listing on our ‘Buy Cornish’ directory with hyperlinks to your website and contact details.
• A framed CGSG Supporter certificate and window sticker to display to your customers.
• Optional literature such as leaflets, information cards and posters to suit your business.
• The opportunity to provide recipes for our website, each including a mini advertorial to promote your business.
• Further opportunities within our website for feature advertorials and additional links (at additional cost).
• Posts on our social media channels to celebrate joining as a CGSG Supporter.
• Inclusion in our regular e-newsletter to promote your support.
The cost of becoming a CGSG Supporter depends on the size of your business. Prices are set according to the number of full-time-equivalent staff (FTE employees) in the business. Annual prices start from just £25 +VAT. Full details of our pricing policy are available on request. Cornwall Good Seafood Guide is not-for-profit, and all monies raised will be used to fund the continuation and development of the project into the future.
As a project of Cornwall Wildlife Trust, the Cornwall Good Seafood Guide is being heavily promoted to our 17,000 members through our Wild Cornwall magazine and website. Wild Cornwall is published 3 times a year and has a readership of 35,000. The Trust's main website receives over 100,000 unique visits per year, and features multiple signposts to the Cornwall Good Seafood Guide website. Since its launch in April, the Cornwall Good Seafood Guide independent website has had over 25,000 page views and is set to reach approximately 40,000 hits in its first year.
Our social media influence is expanding rapidly as the project grows. Cornwall Good Seafood Guide has its own Facebook and Twitter channels to communicate news, promote our Supporters and compliment the Wildlife Trust's main pages. The project is also promoted regularly on the main Cornwall Wildlife Trust Twitter profile and Facebook page (over 8,000 followers and 6,000 page likes). A recent Cornwall Wildlife Trust Facebook post reached over 39,000 people. The strength of these marketing tools speak for themselves, and now your business has a real opportunity to benefit from being involved with this respected project.
Supporters will need to sign an indemnity which outlines the simple terms and conditions for the use of the CGSG resources and logo. By signing up as Supporter you agree to endeavour to supply customers with fresh Cornish seafood that is recommended by Cornwall Good Seafood Guide. If only one type of seafood is being sold we request that you make every effort to ensure it is a recommended species. If more than one type of seafood is being sold we request that you have a minimum of two recommended species on your current menu / product list. You will also be expected to provide customers with the details/web links to Cornwall Good Seafood Guide if they enquire about fish sustainability. For a full list of terms and conditions of membership of Cornwall Good Seafood Guide supporters scheme, click here.
We also welcome the support of organisations, companies and individuals who dont sell fish to the public. If you would like to become a supporter please email for more details on firstname.lastname@example.org